These are bits and pieces of small and big learnings, recipes how to do things or just things I had to write down, so I won’t forget. Also, maybe it helps other people as well.
These are my topics:
- How to print all the licenses of the node dependencies
- You can and should use localeCompare to sort strings alphabetically.
- Call an elixir method dynamically
- How to reload modules in iex
- There are awesome man pages within elixir’s iex
- There are nice names for Phoenix conn status codes
- About 'set -o pipefail' in bash scripts
- Dmenu is a great way to optimize CLI scripting
- How to access the current git tag and annotation in bash
- How to change volumes of a bluetooth device on Linux
- How to control Spotify from command line
- How to disable touch to click on a touchpad
- How to figure out what runs on port X
- How to make backspace go a page back in Firefox on Linux
- How to use the original Webster dictionary on Linux
- Bundler can be used without a gemfile
- How to add functionality to existing rake tasks
- Little RVM trick to use CLI tools using a specific Ruby version.
- There is the only flag for rubocop
- You can use a .gemrc file to not install documentation